Oh dear...

I haven't blogged in a while, but that's because I've been out in the real world trying to find a job. What? I don't write for a living? Why yes, my lovelies, I would love to write for a living, but until I can find an agent and subsequent publisher for my fabulous novels, I'm afraid I must defect to the real working world.

And so that brings me to the veterinary field. Just out of college my job was as a veterinary receptionist and my husband's job just forced us to relocate to Florida a few months ago. I'm just now getting around to finding my way about and looking for a good job to supplement our income. One would assume that a good veterinary receptionist would be an easy job to find, but alas. It is not to be. My search continues and I can only hope that somebody will snap me up soon! I mean, what is an English Literature major to do but clerical work? Seriously. Somebody tell me what an English degree is worth unless you become a famous author?

Diddly squat, that's what.

But I did love my major and I refuse to be sorry for it. I will never give up on writing, and somebody perhaps I will become an agent or work for a publishing house if I cannot survive on my writing alone.

However, everyone knows that perseverance is the name of the game in the publishing world. I firmly believe that my new book is quite good! I did a great job with it, and I'm very proud of it. It just stinks that we have to wait so long to get a reply from agents. I have full manuscripts out with two? Maybe three right now? And you know what? That's better than nothing at all!

So have patience with me, if anyone out there is reading me. We can't all be superstar bloggers, now can we. I will keep you posted with books I read, for certain, but it seems that my writing career is on a slow note at the moment.


No comments:

Post a Comment