Allonsy!

I thought I'd devote a little time to write about my new novel that I've been outlining. How do I outline such a thing? Well, I'm glad you asked. I generally work very diligently on forming my characters. Characters are what drive the novel. They make it real for the reader. If you have a character that doesn't seem believable, then your book will be absolute crap. They are real people! They have to have wants and needs and fabulous emotions. They have to not understand what it is they really want and your book is the way they learn this about themselves. Your character must grow in a way that reveals their legitimate wants in life. That, ladies and gentlemen, is what makes a great book.

So what have I been working on lately? It's a stand alone novel that takes a character from my previous book. I'm actually quite excited about this one. I feel like the third shot is going to be amazing. With book one I had no idea what I was getting into, book two I had a plan of attack and it worked! and book three makes me feel like a pro veteran.

The past week I've been devoting my time to research. Since I love the historical romances, I definitely want to stick with those for a while. But that requires quite a bit of accuracy, as you can imagine. My life is filled with the Victorian era 24/7 it seems. I like the late 19th century, so full of change and progress for Britain. I've learned quite a bit about the government and Parliament. I'm excited to have a novel that steeped in such richness!

So here I go, off into the wild blue yonder to write my little heart out. Things really are coming together, I feel. I've been getting great feedback on my second book that's been going out, so obviously I'm quite excited and motivated to start this one. Allonsy!


No comments:

Post a Comment